BSc Degree in Agricultural Sciences and Bioeconomy
BSc Degree directed to students with concerns in sustainable agricultural production and the application of life and earth sciences, of biotechnology and the bio-economy to food production.
The Degree in Agricultural Sciences and Bioeconomy trains professionals with the ability to:
- Improve the competitiveness of the agri-food sector and social quality of life through scientific knowledge.
- Implement sustainable agricultural production and management systems according to the principles and techniques of the bioeconomy.
- Manage biotechnological resources to develop leading farming companies.
- Perform technical advice in companies of plant production (seeds, plants, crops, fertilizers, and phytosanitary products) and livestock production (feeds, reproduction, breeding, and animal welfare).
- Manage and advise companies of biological control of pests and diseases of plants or crops.
- Collaborate in research and development works in scientific and technological centers.
- Approach global challenges in the field of the bioeconomy working in public administrations, agricultural associations, inter-professional platforms, NGOs for cooperation, and international organizations (FAO, OECD).
The design of Agricultural Science and Bioeconomy facilitates student mobility and external traineeship in private companies or research groups. This degree has a duration of four years (240 ECTS) organized in semesters. Students can take one of two study paths:
- Crop production
- Animal production