BSc Degree in Biotechnology
Biotechnology is essential for the development of the new production sectors of bio-economics. It provides innovative solutions to global problems in such diverse industries as agriculture, health, chemical industry, etc.
The degree is taught in two centers belonging to Campus of International Excellence: the School of Agricultural, Food and Biosystems Engineering (ETSIAAB, Moncloa Campus) and the Centre of Biotechnology and Plant Genomics (CBGP, Montegancedo Campus).
The Biotechnology graduate will be able to develop a professional activity in:
- Research, development, and innovation in biotechnology companies.
- Consulting firms related to industrial process quality and environment.
- Companies of applications for bioinformatics development.
- Laboratories of analysis and research of health centers.
- Research centers.
- Industrial property offices.
This degree has a duration of four years (240 ECTS), organized in semesters. Its design facilitates the student’s mobility and external traineeship in research groups or private companies. Students can take one of three study paths:
- Plant Biotechnology
- Computational Biotechnology
- Health Biotechnology